1. Pour 6 cups of water with 1 bay leaf, vinegar, salt and black pepper in a large pot bring it to a boil.
2. When boiling, add the tuna piece and simmer over low heat during 6-8 minutes, depending on tuna's size.
3. Remove the tuna and rinse with cold water.
4. Cut the tuna in strips and place them in a large plate. If the tuna cut is good and fatty you should be able to separate the strips or tuna layers by hand.
5. Peel and chop 6 cloves of garlic.
6. Wash and chop a bunch of fresh parsley.
7. Mix chopped parsley, garlic and a cup of extra virgin olive oil in a bowl.
8. Add the previous mixture to the tuna dish and let it rest at least 3-4 hours in a fridge.
9. Serve cold and enjoy our typical Spanish fish recipes.
• Tuna fish is one of the most famous fishes from the south of Spain!
• You can prepare this recipe with any nice and fatty cut of the tuna, but the original recipe and our recommendation is to use the lower abdomen or belly cut of the tuna (chu-toro). For more information check the Tuna Cuts.