The authentic homemade spongy pizza dough with natural ingredients. Check this really easy to follow pizza crust recipe!
1. Sift wheat flour. You can use a strainer.
2. Sift corn flour. You can use a strainer.
3. Mix wheat and corn flour with a teaspoon of salt in a large bowl.
4. Pour the fresh active yeast into a cup of medium warm water and mix until fully dissolved.
5. Add the water with the yeast to the bowl.
6. Add the extra virgin olive oil to the bowl.
7. Stir the mixture with your hands until combined.
8. Spread a pinch of wheat flour onto a clean flat table and place the dough on it. Knead for 5-7 minutes till the dough is homogenous and not sticky (just a little bit tacky).
9. Make a ball with the dough.
10. Spread a pinch of wheat flour onto a large bowl and place the ball dough in it.
11. Cover with a clean and dry dishtowel or plastic wrap and let rise for 45-60 minutes in a warm place (around 70-75° F or 20-25° C).
12. After 45-60 minutes the dough should have doubled in size!
13. Cut the dough in two equal-size parts (to make 2 pizzas).
14. Spread some flour and semolina onto a clean flat surface, place one half of the dough and stretch it by hands or with a rolling pin.
15. Preheat oven to 440° F (225° C).
16. Spread some semolina on to the baking sheet and place the dough on the baking sheet.
17. Add your favorite sauce and ingredients. You can check our Truffle Mushroom Pizza Recipe.
18. Put the dough in the lower rack of the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
19. Move the pizza to the upper rack of the oven and bake till golden brown or to taste (around 5-7 minutes more).
20. Enjoy your homemade spongy pizza crust recipe!
• You can use all-purpose flour or bread flour. Bread flour is white flour made from hard, high-protein wheat. It has more gluten strength and protein content than all-purpose flour.
• You can use cornmeal instead of semolina
|Prep time||1 hour, 15 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 30 minutes|