1. Wash fresh basil leaves and dry them with a paper towel or a kitchen cloth. Wash and dry softly trying not to break any leaf.
2. Heat up a skillet without any oil or butter and add the pine nuts. Toast them till golden (3-5 min. medium heat).
3. Peel a clove of garlic.
4. Place basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, clove of garlic, 2 ounces of fresh grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and half of the extra virgin olive oil (1 fluid ounce) in a food processor.
5. Pulse till finely minced.
6. Add the remaining extra virgin olive oil (1 fluid ounce) and pulse till the mixture has a very creamy and uniform texture.
Enjoy your homemade fresh pesto sauce and check out our delicious Pesto Pizza Recipe
• Pesto is a sauce originating in Genoa, the capital city of Liguria, Italy