1. Peel and chop onion.
2. Wash, deseed and chop green bell pepper.
4. Peel and chop cloves of garlic.
5. Peel & wash and chunk potatoes.
6. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot. When warm add marinated pork ribs and fry over medium heat for 3 - 4 minutes each side.
7. Transfer spare ribs to a plate.
8. Add chopped onion and garlic to the pot (you can also add some more olive oil if necessary) and cook over low heat for 3 - 4 minutes.
9. Add chopped pepper and cook over low heat for 4 - 5 minutes.
10. Place 1/2 teaspoon and 10 - 12 saffron threads in a mortar. Use a pestle to grind.
11. Add 1 cup of white wine to the mortar to dissolve the mixture (you can also do it with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup white wine).
12. Add the dissolution and the pork ribs & potatoes with 1 teaspoon of Spanish sweet paprika to the bot and bring it to a boil.
13. Cover the pot and simmer for 16 - 18 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Serve warm and enjoy your braised pork ribs recipe! See more Spanish pork recipes.
You can also cook this dish with non-marinated pork ribs, but then you may need to add some more salt and olive oil.